You may have joined the Y as a place to improve your well-being, help your kids learn and grow, or connect with others who share your interests.
Now, your membership can mean even more. As a part of the leading charity committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, you can play a role in making our community stronger. We have several ways for you to get connected with other members and in the community.
- Make a personally significant financial gift
- Be a campaigner for the YMCA Annual Campaign
- Organize a care package drive for men’s residence
- Laundry supplies, cleaning supplies, organizers, utensils
- Donate items to the Men’s Residence Trading Post. Food, clothing, hygiene items.
- Adopt a senior from our Senior Housing Program for the holidays.
- Make holiday cards for our Men’s Residence and Senior Housing Participants.
- Lead a health food demonstration
- Organize the food pantry
- Knit socks/scarves/blankets
- Donate board games for senior tenants
- Provide a worship service
- Organize a move in welcome package
- Serve meals at the holiday dinners
- Organize an Angel Tree during the holidays
Urban Swim Initiative
- Organize a swimsuit collection
- Attend a swimsuit distribution
- Assist with swimsuit collection boxes
Cancer Survivor Programs
- Make phone calls to survivors
- Make cards for survivors
- Collect hats/scarves/blankets for survivors
- Lead an activity for survivors
- Host an event for survivors
- Donate board games for the child care programs
- Scorekeeping for sports leagues
- Assist with kids fit program
- Assist with Triathlon Training: group rides, open water swims
- CNY Games
- Green Lakes Race Weekend: packet pickup, registration, body marking, course officials
At the Y no child, family or adult is turned away. Strengthening community is our cause and we are accessible to all people. When you give to the Y, your gift will have a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.
Make a gift today.
Events at the East Area Family YMCA
- OPERATION: GREEN THUMBS
Please consider planting a row of your favorite fruit or vegetable in your own gardens at home for donation to our local food back. We will be collecting the fresh produce on Monday mornings for delivery between 10:00 –11:00am to the Fayetteville Manlius Community Outreach Inc.
- DIAPER DRIVE
The Y's Togetherhood program is working with CNY Diaper Bank by setting up diaper collection bins at both the Fayetteville and Manlius locations. If you want to help ensure CNY families have adequate diaper supplies please consider dropping off diapers. The Central New York Diaper Bank is a nonprofit that was created to assist social service organizations in the Syracuse area distribute diapers to families in need.
For more information or to register
contact Maria Mannara at
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
Join the Togetherhood™ Service Committee
As a member of
the Service Committee, you will serve for a term of one year to identify, plan
and run 4 simple yet important projects that help strengthen our community.
Anyone can serve as a Service Committee member; Y membership is not required. To apply for a spot on the Service Committee email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Maria Mannara at 585-507-1437
Become a Service Project Volunteer
Sign up to help with one or more projects and become part
of a volunteer team! Service projects make meaningful impact while being
convenient and fun! Anyone can serve as a project volunteer; Y membership is
not required. To volunteer for a simple project, email email@example.com
or call Maria Mannara at 585-507-1437 or call Chris Dudley at 585-341-3264.