social services ProgramsThe Y offers social services programs because we're all in this together. Together we can harness our individual strengths and bring about positive changes around us.
Quality of Life
- Laurie's Hope (breast cancer survivor support)
- Downtown Senior Apartments
- Downtown Men's Residence
- Substance Abuse Prevention Meetings - held regularly at the Downtown YMCA. Call 474-6851 for details.
- Get Moving CNY (A partnership with Onondaga County)
- Influenza Immunizations - held occasionally at some branches. Contact your nearest Y for details.
- Blood Drives - held occasionally at some branches. Contact your nearest Y for details.
Darkness to Light
Experts estimate that one quarter of all girls and one sixth of all boys are sexually abused before they turn 18. At the Y, protecting children is our highest priority. That's why we're spearheading an effort to empower every resident in Central New York to prevent sexual child abuse.
The Stewards of Children program, designed by the national nonprofit Darkness to Light, teaches adults how to recognize the danger signs and to respond responsibly.