YMCA RACE WEEKENDNew in 2017 AQUA BIKE!
June 10, 2017 is your day to swim, bike and run in one of the longest running, most picturesque triathlons in the United States. Compete in the YMCA Race Weekend and you will:
- SWIM 1/2 mile in the striking blue-green waters of Green Lake, which was dug by mile-high glacial waterfalls 15,000 years ago
- BIKE 20 km through hilly Green Lakes State Park and along mostly flat country roads
- RUN 5km on a scenic path, with upland forests on your left and two meromictic lakes on your right
Our triathlon celebrates its 38th year in 2017. Thanks to all the competitors and volunteers who helped make the 2016 YMCA Race Weekend a great success.
Information meeting at 7:30 a.m. Race starts at 8:00 a.m.
WHERE: Green Lakes State Park, near Fayetteville
FEES: Individual $75 Team $150
MORE DETAILS: Check out our FAQ
CAN'T STOP? Try the Green Lakes 7@7 Trail Run the next day. (Details)
KEEP IN TOUCH: Like us on Facebook
MORE TRIATHLON INFO: HERE
WHEN: Friday June 9th
11:00 am -6:00 pm
WHERE: Syracuse Bicycle
2540 Erie BLVD
East Syracuse, NY 13224
As a benefit event, the YMCA Race Weekend relies on the generosity of our sponsors and many volunteers to maximize the good we do for the community.
If you would like to join in the fun by volunteering at this year's race, please contact Kathy Arsenault.
We'd like to thank the volunteers who took a leadership role this year.
To maintain a quality event, we are limiting total registrations to 500.
Registration Will Open Dec. 12th at 8am on ycny.org and Score-This.com
Registration Tips for Members:
- Go to www.ycny.org
- Click on-line registration option located in upper right corner
the steps to login
Note that your contact information must match what is in our system in order to register. This includes name, address, email, and date of birth.
If you are unable to login, contact your home branch to ensure all your information is in our system.
- Once in, select your name to register.
search for the triathlon:
- Select Syracuse YMCA Downtown
- Select All Program Categories
You will not need to fill in the rest of the information
You will now choose your registration option: Individual or Team
- Complete the requested information
- Pick Triathlon or Aqua Bike
- Note that for teams, only the team captain will register. Follow up information will be sent to team captain for team shirt sizes. Swim time entered should reflect the time of the team swimmer.
Note that there will still be three swim waves at five minutes apart. The first will be male, the second female, and the third will be teams and those (male and female) desiring a less crowded start.
Please send registration questions to 474-6851 ext. 309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org